View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 02:14 PM
Moderator, 5-Series

Mein Auto: Trek 6500 MTB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mottati
you should try posting this at www.m5board.com too.

Personally, i'll reserve judgement until i see it in real life. I'm not a big fan of the e60 to begin with, and the pics from geneva look, well, i'm mixed about it so far. I do find the current e class a great looking car, but a bit boring of a drive. The e60 is just opposite, a great drive, but not quite as pleasing asthetically, for me, so far. I wasn't a huge fan of the e39 when it came out either, but i now enjoy 2 of them...

You really need to offer a manual trans though. Make the fender gills functional, the e39 M5 gets really high underhood temps, and would do well with some venting. Make sure you can completely disable all traction control, allow the active steering to at least be optional, some of us will not want it. Many of us M5 owners use our cars regularly on the track. Make it perform and we'll buy it, regardlless.... But at this point, 500 hp will probably be beaten by audi/mbz before the M5 even reaches our shores.
Mike
98 528i
00 M5
03 LandCruiser
LOL! Motatti...are you a closet sport's car designer?? Perhaps BMW should hire you??