View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise_bone View Post
I'm thinking of moving from my flat bar road bike up to the Secteur. How is the geometry compared to the Sirrus? Is it significantly more aggressive? My biggest concern is my back and how much harder the Secteur would be on it.
The Secteur is a bit of a "middle of the road" approach and is designed to enable a slightly more upright seating position, but nowhere near as upright as on a hybrid flat-bar.

I was concerned making that move but since I do ride long distances (40-60 miles), it just made so much more sense to get a roadie rather than a hybrid. The weight difference alone is immense in the same price class.

I had the Secteur properly fitted for me at a bike shop and am happy to report that it has not given me any issues whatsoever transitioning from the hybrid to the Secteur. No back issues, only a few muscle issues as my body adjusted to the different seating position.

I'd highly recommend the Secteur and am glad I went away from the hybrid.

EDIT: By the way, the actual ride is not harsh at all in my opinion. Keep in mind that my previous ride was light steel (much more flex than Aluminum) and I ran tires at 8 PSI. These tires I run at 105 PSI. Recommendation is 125 PSI but that's really a bit over the top, imho. In any case, I have observed no comfort issues, unless you encounter a sudden road imperfection that the previous bike would have handled more gracefully. That was to be expected though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY

Last edited by cwinter; 06-06-2012 at 01:50 PM.