Thread: My Blog
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 Bentley Continental
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22 View Post
Sounds like a good plan to me. When the awe of the Carbon wares off, then you get to start fresh with the Citrin

I'm a bit jealous of Itinj as he got to do the convertible thing for a while and is now in a coupe. Every time I see the convertible a little piece of me wishes that I had one. At the end of the day, I'm still glad I got the coupe as it is the body style I really wanted for this car at this point in my life. I'd actually like a Carbon Black Coupe and a Citrin Black Convertible
Well if you got a Maser convertible they'd probably oblige whatever color scheme you fancy, as long as you are willing to pay. This is in contrast to some German manufacturers I've read about.

True Story: When I was ordering my S6, I didn't like any of the available colors for that model (shocker). When browsing the showroom and trying to see what I could live with, my wife and I walked past an awesomely-gray-smoke-colored Q7. I pointed at it and said "How 'bout that? Can ya do that?" They said "Absolutely. That particular color needs to be applied at a different factory in Germany than where the car is assembled. But we can have it transported and make it happen, no problem." They rang me up for $2900, but that's not egregious IMO. But it doesn't appear BMW would do that for me at any price unless I am willing to blow someone.

PS - I may not have actually asked the question like Sarah Palin would.

EDIT - Sort of realized I misunderstood Southern6rerer3322355 but I am keeping my story as is.

Previous Rides
2012 650i xDrive - Loved it! 2010 535i xDrive - Very competent. Too sensible? 2008 Audi S6 - Still miss the V10.
2003 Maserati Coupe - The end of an era. 2002 Maserati Coupe - Gone and mostly forgotten. 2002 MB CLK 430 - Gone but not forgotten.

Last edited by xDrive McGee; 06-08-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Sort of realized I misunderstood Southern6rerer3322355 but I am keeping my story as is.