Thread: Key Fob probelm
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1997 740iL / 2006 X5 4.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsinc View Post
1. So for my Key that starts the car but batteries appear dead - I need to charge for 30 hours. - then if they dont open the locks use the program you outlined.

2. The key with working battery that opens the doors currently but does not start the car - I can not program that myself.
1. Yes, try charging the key that starts the car for approx 30 hours. Once charged, try re-programming it (you'll also need to do the other key during the same session, if not...it will no longer lock/unlock & arm/disarm your car).

If it sill doesn't lock/unlock & arm/disarm your car after charging it & reprogramming it...it could be that the battery is dead or damaged (from being dropped) and a new key or "key surgery" may be required.

2. Yes, again...the key that locks/unlocks & arms/disarms your car can NOT be programmed to start your car without special software/hardware. But there are several things that could be wrong...like the key may have been lost at one point and a previous owner had it barred (see info below). Or that key may have been dropped or damaged and that's why it is not working properly...and may have a broken solder joint or other internal issue and it, too may be in need of being aligned with the other EWS components.

(key deactivation...aka...barred from the EWS system due to being lost)

Q {BMW CCA Member #191509}
2006 E53 X5 4.4i (Sterling Gray) 12/05 mfg date <<~>> 97 740iL (Arctic Silver) 3/97 mfg date
(SOLD)
99 540iT (Orient Blue) <<~>> 95 525IT (Alpine White)
91 735iL (Schwarz Black) <<~>> 85 325e (Bronzit)

http://imageshack.com/scaled/grid240/822/e38e532ndsigpic.jpg