View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 650cic/ 2012 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by avus9 View Post
Why did I buy my 5gt? Simple. Price. Dealer was discounting my 550i GT $14k off sticker, and offered me $2k more for my trade-in. (Plus, no nearby Land Rover dealer had a Sport S/C in the color I wanted.)
But, be forewarned. The rate of depreciation on any 5GT is atrocious. Do not buy this vehicle under the impression of it being a value (or good buy) - its not. A 5-series sedan holds its residual values much more.
That being said, used 5GTs are an extremely smart buy. If buying/leasing new, you should be getting it at or below invoice.
Good luck with your buy. And welcome to the 5GT family.
He speaks the truth Excellent car, I recommend it, and would get another one, although I was one of the early takers (12/09) and paid full MSRP. The only reason I pulled out/sold it is because i didn't want to loose all of the positive equity in the car. The early F12's are bricking in resale as well
2012 X3 35i Titanium Silver/Black ZAP/ZPP/TECH/APPS/Breyton GTS/Continental Extreme DW (20's)

Last edited by car-fan; 06-08-2012 at 08:45 PM.