View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Sup3rman

Mein Auto: '11 E90 AW M3/ '11 AW X5d
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
highyo is correct on all three. It's the EDC button, I don't have EDC and it's not a deal breaker IMO. The passive suspension is excellent for road use. Taut but never harsh and stiff enough to handle spirited driving with ease. When it comes to replacing suspension parts you will also have more to choose from and it will be a lot cheaper. What you miss is the ability to stiffen up the car further when you track it. If you are like me who like a really stiff car on the track it can matter if you are going to track it frequently but still use it a lot on the road. I'm not going track mine often and if I change my mind there are plenty of aftermarket parts for a relatively small cost to stiffen it up. Also, If you like a softer ride the comfort mode with EDC could be of interest to you. I'm not sure how much softer it is though. Subtle Pros and cons and I think most will be happy with either.
I have EDC, and test drove an M3 without it. IMO, if you plan have a dedicated track setup, or want to tinker with suspension yourself, no EDC is the best way to go. But for everyday driving, and an occasional weekend at the track, or even just spirited driving now and then, EDC is great. I wouldn't pass on it myself, mainly because I can put it in comfort mode hauling the family, and still stiffen the suspension to sport when I'm driving the twisties or head to the track. The car becomes MUCH more fun to drive in sport suspension mode combined with increased throttle response.

2007 335i Coupe - 6MT Alpine White/Saddle Brown ED 5/23/2007 (retired)

ED Trip Report W/ Pics (And Engagement Story/Pics)