View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535ix GT
I bought it for size over a 5 series, mpg, the hatch, and did not want to pay the 7 series premium. The residual was also so high, it made a lease very attractive and unfortunately it sealed the deal for me instead of looking/thinking harder. The residual for the lease is important, but not so much if you buy and try to sell after the fact. If the 5 was E-350 size in the interior, it would fare better for me (sitting in one is the only real way to compare this).

I may be in the minority, but it takes some getting used to in terms of blind spots and center of gravity when driving. Also, the comfort seats are not good on my back for long rides and I've adjusted everything; I even added support in the arse (6 foot 190lbs before anyone asks :-)) since that is where I felt like I was sitting in a hole (BMW - think about adding air/lumbar support there). The mirrors should also be a bit larger due to the cars size. Then there are the run flats - I swapped them for real tires and they do feel better, albeit a $1200 swap and I'll put the RFT's back on at lease end and it should be right aorund when I'll need new tires anyway. Some day BMW will also realize that the cabin temp sensors should not sit behind cups that can be cold or hot (odd how when in winter and 20 degrees the air kicks on b/c of a hot cup of coffee blocking them). Still have note figured out the 3 settings (ok - 2 auto and 1 manual) for the air/heat. Auto should be auto, and manual manual.... Lose the panaramic roof, waste of technology and raley used.

Net - the Lexus LS460 will get a good hard look when this lease is up. And thank God it's a lease.

Wardman