View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Mostly Euro sedans
I wouldn't have a concern buying a car on eBay. I would have a concern buying ANY car without a qualified inspection (in my case I'd only buy it from a BMW dealer and I'd ask them to do the one to see if the car can qualify for CPO program.)

Last summer while I was on the fence about a M5 vs M3 decision I found a few good used candidates in the Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, Miami, and NoCal areas. Found them all online (a few on sites less known than eBay) but was able to check them all out in person due to heavy business travel schedule. CarFax certainly helped narrow things down a bit but in the end I wouldn't buy before you try regardless of how good something looks on any online site (including BMW's CPO site.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
First off, I hope you aren't seriously considering to purchase a $50k car off eBay. The "vehicle history" may not be accurate, and you (and a trusted BMW technician) will want to inspect the car thoroughly, especially for the M models.

Secondly, I don't know why you care so much it's "fully loaded". If you don't know what you are missing, does it really matter? What do you want to make sure you get?

Lastly, the 18" vs 19" arguments are mostly cosmetic (i.e. there is little perceivable performance advantage or disadvantage). The 19" wheels are forged (vs. cast) but it'll also give you a slightly harsher ride.