View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 09:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 F25 20dX WY31
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianx3 View Post
Well, maybe it can be done for free BUT that looks too complicated to me. As an owner and more user than a geek I simply want the job done. Spending hours of trying to do anything and maybe even risking some damage is not for everyone and certainly not for me. I bought the software and although it is expensive, it does what it should do and does it quickly and easily.

(Sorry for my English, I'm not using it much because German is my native language)
Are you calling me a geek?? LOL...

Anyway, there are people that want/can afford to hire someone else to get this kind of job done, and there are others, like me, that come to forums like this to give and receive the most updated and useful information to others, specially DIY guides. If you want to pay for something that is free, that's fine by me, but someone could be interested in a cheaper option that opens up a lot of additional tweaks that can be done to your car to make it more enjoyable, for example:

- DVD in motion (HU_CIC/3000 HMI/SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX/value = FF)
(HU_CIC/3000 HMI/SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN/value = FF)
(HU_CIC/3000 HMI/VIDEO_NUR_MIT_HANDBREMSE/nicht_aktiv)

- Power/Torque Meters (Yes, you don't have to buy a 2013 X3 to have this option)

- Trunk Close with driver's button
- Auto/Start/Stop Memory (It remembers the last value, so you don't have to turn it off every time you turn the ignition on)
- Folding Mirrors
- Etc, Etc

This thread is called DVD in Motion Success and you can have it done by coding or by paying. I thought that some people would be interested in doing this by themselves with a 15 usd cable and some reading, but maybe I'm wrong..

(Like yourself: english is not my native language, so excuse my crappy writing)

Last edited by tim330i; 08-14-2012 at 02:31 PM.