View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Sejanus

Mein Auto: From BMWs to Porsches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson1019 View Post
I agree jakobv84, you should look into an 08 M6 a little cheaper and still very low miles. You are going to want one with the warranty because if you don't have a warranty we r talking some serious cash for parts/maintenance. Brake job is around 5k w/out a warranty . I was the same as you when deciding on a new car M3 or M6. Lets just say that i am beyond pleased with my 08 M6. I'm so glad i went with the M6 over the M3. Don't get me wrong the M3 is an awesome car but V-10 500 horses that does it for me lol. Maintenance is not to bad just b sure to get it into the dealership whenever the cars electronic system tell you and you will be fine. Just b prepared to pay about 2 grand every time you need new tires. Go w/ the M6 you wont b dissapointed!
+1...don't be seduced! I turned in a low mileage (about 25K) `08 M6 convertible when I leased my 7. I LOVED the M6, but most likely will not do an M car again because they're not practical for me and the high cost of just basic ownership...fuel, oil, tyres. I agree with Jackson where he talks about getting one that's still under warranty...you'll be cursing yourself if you don't...and then purchase an extended warranty. If it sounds like I'm being negative, I'm not; I just know from experience that owning an M6 can be a very expensive proposition.

"You think that's air you're breathing now?"
-Morpheus