View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 07:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i after May ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
The rumors on the iphone 5 go back and forth. A few months ago there was rumor after rumor that it was going to have a 4.0 or 4.5" screen, and now, the very latest "size" rumor is indicating that it will still have a 3.5" screen.

What I personally expect is that Apple will stick to the 3.5" screen but work on making the phone MUCH smaller, as close to the size of an iPod Touch as possible and they will almost definitely introduce 4G/LTE in the next version as well as a new mini dock connector and probably elminate the physical home button and replace it with a proximity/touch based sensor.

For people who want a somewhat larger screen device they will direct them to the iPad "mini" that will probably be released at the same time, with a 7.85" screen.

It's 99% certain that the iPhone 5 will have a different form factor and possibly cradle connector, so it will require a new dock adapter from BMW, which I would expect could lag the release of the phone by as much as six months.
I'd bet money the Apple will not delay the release of the iphone so that BMW can develop a new adapter. When the phone's ready, it's coming out....BMW and everyone else can make ad hoc changes.

And I dont know how the packages work in the USA but for Canada, we get Harmon kardona dn Nav in the premium package, along with cmofort access, but the cradle and bluetooth aurdio are included with BMW assist for 900 bucks...so it's significantly more to get that feature.

I really like the idea fo bluetooth audio...most of the time I listen to Sirisu in the car becaue I cant be bothered to plug my iphone into a cable for a drive across town....but for times when there's nothing on Sirius, it'd be nice to keep the phone in my pocket and play songs. But for 900 more bucks? I dunno.....I'll prob do it though.

Last edited by jtuds; 06-13-2012 at 07:29 AM.