View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 06:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by murderland View Post
so I had my sunroof repaired two years ago, after the repair the sunroof doesn't open all the way anymore. the front of the front pane stops at the front of the rear pane. wondering if you guys had the same situation. : \ it really sucks that i can't open it all the way like i used to

or i'm insane and was imagining it opening all the way before.....
Yeah I think you might be losing it The front glass panel retracts to about 4 inches in front of the rear pane when you push the switch back all the way. You can retract it the remaining 4 inches so that it is in line with the rear panel if you hit the switch again. The first position is the "comfort position". This reduces the buffeting noise when the windows are rolled up.

I repaired my sunroof myself about a year ago by replacing the plastic coated metal tracks that everything rides on. The front tracks can be replaced without pulling the whole cassette out of the vehicle. The plastic on these tracks falls apart after being exposed to sun for a few years.... The result is plastic pieces jamming the mechanism and wreaking havoc. The only consolation was I lost the rear glass vent which I haven't noticed. Saved me BIG bucks.

Last edited by Frenchx3; 06-18-2012 at 06:53 AM.