View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 02:32 PM
BAVARIAN500.COM

Mein Auto: E63, E24, C126AMG
I think people are confusing a few things: ONE: if you are trying to fit E46 3 Series Rims onto an E24....You WILL NEED Wheel Spacers, as the offset on the E46 Rims are around 38, and the offset on the E24 is ET 20......You WILL NOT need hubcentric Rings, as the hub diameter on the 3 and 6 and E28 5 series are the same exactly...

Correction on Hucentric Rings, Vs. Wheel spacers:

Hubcentric Rings: ARE for the Hub diameter compensation....Example: If you wanted to fit E39 BBS wheels onto an E24 you will need Hubcentric Rings because the hub on the E39 5 series is Larger in diameter than that of the E24 and you dont want wheel shimmy, so you need the HUBCENTRIC RINGS.

Hub Spacers: Are for Hub spacing to set the rim AWAY from the strut assembly or else the lip of the rim and tire will hit the strut assembly which you will not be able to mount the rim and tire to the car and you will need a full set of (20) longer Mil lug bolts.

Now if it were me.......3 series rims, are just too modern on an e24, not to mention you will require wheel spacers to make them fit, plus longer lug bolts and you may need to roll the fenders depending on RIM and tire size!!!

I have a set of E39 Style 5 BBS 2 piece, 17'' Running Pirelli 235/ 40 /ZR17's and I must say they fit the age of the shark to a T!!!!!! and have that modern feel with a light weight 2 piece Alum Rim! and for that setup, the only thing I needed were 4 Alum, Hubcentric Rings!