06-20-2012, 06:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Join Date: Mar 2012
Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
BMW use AGM batteries in our vehicle, it has a higher capacity and the a higher charge efficiency rate:
"Original BMW Battery with AGM technology.
Full power for your BMW and our environment.
In order to reduce fuel consumption and CO2 emissions, not only are intelligent vehicle and engine concepts required but so are innovative battery technologies. The Original BMW Battery with AGM Technology (AGM stands for 'Absorbent Glass Mat') is ideally suited to meeting the constantly growing energy requirements. The battery's increased performance capacity allows it to sustain important BMW EfficientDynamics measures like the Auto Start Stop function. These batteries are also maintenance-free and can be stored for long periods of time. The absorbent glass mat protects from corrosion and internal short circuits. The makes the Original BMW Battery with AGM Technology stronger and more durable than regular batteries – even at extreme temperatures. The acid in a battery with AGM technology is bound up 100% in glass fibre fleece mats for optimum recyclability and low environmental risk in the event of accidents. Original BMW Battery with AGM Technology – so your BMW always gets all the energy it needs, when it needs it.
Note: When your vehicle has already been fitted with AGM technology ex works, your battery must never be replaced with another technology. The power consumption of a calcium battery is too slow to be used in these vehicles.
The benefits at a glance:
• Superior performance compared to calcium batteries
• Maintenance-free, permanent capacity stability and long operating life
• Excellent functioning at low or high temperatures
• Can be charged and discharged easily
• 100% acid binding for optimum recyclability
• Low risk of corrosion and internal short circuits
• Exceptional protection from acid leaks and deflagration
• Secure starting of engines with high starting voltage requirements"
Last edited by The X Men; 06-20-2012 at 06:25 AM.