View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 06:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 F25 20dX WY31
@jbrande

Hey, I'm located at Guatemala and NO navigation maps for us either, so Navigation is not and option as well...

Take a picture of your Speedometer/Kombi and post it here and I'll tell you which one you have.

About the differences, mmm I'm not sure if it's really worth it, upgrades I had of doing this:

1) Bigger HD Screen - Looks beautiful, you will notice the difference - (However, there are some people that say that you can just swap the small 6.5" screen with the 8.8" and program your CIC_MED to use with the bigger screen << I have tried to plug the bigger screen with the old stereo and did not work properly, but I did not try to code it and see if it was working)
2) DVD Playing capacity
3) HD storage (You can store all your music on your HD of the new CIC and just play it from there)
4) Internet, Video Media Player from Ipod, BMW Apps, etc (Had to be activated, programming required)

What I lost on the upgrade and for the moment will not activate as they quoted me 499 euro just for this:

1) Voice Commands

So at this point I'm not even sure that it was worth it, but when I purchase a new car I always get the upgrade fever and just had to do it...

There is another option, you can talk to a Polish guy named Patryk (http://www.bimmer-tech.net/) that gets the job done for you, including instructions, programming and FSC Activation codes for Voice Commands and other things.. So you may want to contact him and see how much he quotes you for the hole deal)

Last edited by RO-CK; 06-20-2012 at 06:28 PM.