View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 06:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 Alpina B7 Dinan
Let me try to re-phase a question little differently,

Does anyone know about a mechanical problem or type of engine failure that has been or was related to a Dinan upgrade? I just cant see any down side to this, even the cars that have 100K+ miles - I would think the life of a car depends on how you drive the car than the type of Dinan upgrades.

Does anyone feel that these engines have been improved every year from an engineering and performance standpoint for the last 75 years- To me, its funny that someone would worry about hurting your engine now days, most of these cars will see the junk yard before the engine is compromised. with all of the R&D, and technology these days, I would guess that Dinan has been around for 25 years?

I can tell you one thing, I am not going to be that slow guy in the right lane, driving a Alpina B7 worrying about my engine quitting early, or for that matter what kind of gas mileage I m getting..

Personally if I am going to spend 140K for a car, no doubt I want to do some fun upgrades, that add to the overall driving experience, and appearance, that make it more unique. I guess we agree to disagree.