Thread: No X3 35D?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 06:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 M-Sport
The Merc GLK is releasing the 2.0L diesel with the minor refresh for 2013 (at least in Canada, donno about the US) so that might be an option. Here in Canada. Merc sell 80% diesel when compared to the same gasoline powered models here.

Ya, most Americans don't understand the benefits of diesel and likely the Oldsmobile diesels of the 80's killed future diesel prospects.

An alternative to the diesel X3 in NA would be the Volks Toureg Tdi. I test drove one before I purchased my X3 and was very impressed.. it felt much smaller to drive than what it is. My wife didn't like the styling so it got axed without much more discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason69 View Post
Hi all

After 10 years of driving diesel BMWs in the UK, I'm off to live and work in the US for a few years - can't wait!

As it's the MidWest I'll be moving to, I thought a 4x4 would be handy for the 6 months of snow every year, and given my disappointment with the dynamics of the F10, I figured the X3 would be a good compromise of practicality and fun without being too much of a boat like the X5 (disclaimer: this assumption is based on the relative merits of a 320D MSport vs an F10 SE with variable dampers etc)

The XDrive 35dd's 3.0-litre stright-six diesel develops 313bhp and 464lb-ft of torque, reaching 62mph in 5.8 seconds with a top speed of 149mph, delivering 46mpg. Why on earth doesn't the US Market get this option? It's amazing!

Jason

Last edited by lbjgh; 06-23-2012 at 06:53 AM.