View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 09:28 AM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
You will not get that screen (split view or not) as that is iPod Out. iPod Out is only available with the snap in adapter (full view shown):

However, the standard 6FL USB screen when the iPod is connected will look like this (full view shown):

Thank you Technic! Really, really appreciate it. Follow up questions if you don't mind:

My setup will be a beater iPod Touch always in the car (music only, 25,000 songs) and my iPhone 4 in the car (apps only, Bluetooth for voice etc.).

From a UI standpoint I want:

1. The better iPod Out user interface from my iPod Touch which is always going to be in the car anyway.

2. The ability to use my iPhone 4 for apps (Facebook, etc.).

3. I don't want to have to plug/unplug the iPod Touch.

So.....how can I have both an iPod Touch and an iPhone 4 co-exist where the iPod Touch has the iPod Out superior UI and not lose the ability for the iPhone 4 to use it's apps? Are there multiple USB ports in the armrest? A "Y" connector? Will the iPod Touch fit in the snap-in adapter at the same time the iPhone 4 goes USB into iDrive for it's app functionality?

Help.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®