Thread: 2013 X6 M or 50
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 03:30 PM

Mein Auto: 650i xdrive convertible
I ordered it from Murray Motors. If your dealer had to submit a new request from scratch, I'm guessing they are probably about right. If I understand it right, when a dealer has already submitted to have one built, then it can be faster. In my case, the one I ordered was about 48 hours away from being built, so it was simply a matter of going in and changing a few of the options already selected. So, in theory, my order was placed months ago by the dealer for the dealer. I stepped into their allocation, and that is how I moved to the front of the line. Getting a 50i in Denver must be a challenge. I couldn't find one anywhere to even test drive. Likewise, the "M" is just as difficult, I just had good timing and because I was just coming off a buyback (sold by a difficult dealer to deal with in Nebraska) and I think they felt sorry for me. A dealer from California called right after I ordered mine and wanted to trade for it. If your dealer can find one anywhere in the country at another dealer I am sure they can try to trade for it and get you yours faster. The question is, "Do they really want to go the extra mile?" Good luck!