View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 (E46 )328I
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan2875 View Post
Hello Folks!
I just bought a 2008 528xi last weekend. The battery went dead that night after parking in downtown for a couple hours. Anyways, I drove home about 60miles on the freeway, and assumed the battery would be charged. The next morning, nothing. So I decided to get a new battery, because Ive heard of battery issues with the car, and figured because the car was sitting for so long (probably a few months on the lot),and it has almost 60000miles,I would just get it replaced. I called the dealer, because I know the batt has to be registered afterward. Anyways, besides being 30 miles away, they were booked out a couple of weeks. So, I decided I would change the battery myself and get it registered. I called interstate battery right by my house, and they said they could do it. So I jumped my car, took it down there, and they changed the battery to a mega-tron plus MTP-49/H8 100AH for $230. Anyways, right afterwards, I start the car and have a bunch of error codes. 4x4 malfunction, electrical malfunction, transmission malfunction, AWD, DSC, ABS, EBV malfunction. On top of that, my windows do not work, my remote only locks and unlocks the rear doors. I even changed the battery back to the oem, and same codes. I have bumper to bumper warranty that I bought but there is a 30 day waiting period. I still drive it to work about 2miles a day. Im planning on waiting 30 days and going to the dealer. Interstate batt says they're not liable and refuse to do anything.
Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch.
-dan
Any update????

Did you take care of it? If yes, how, and what needed to be done.

Thanks.