06-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Join Date: Oct 2008
Mein Auto: 2000 (E46 )328I
Now.. the question is
Originally Posted by pkathee
To check current Software Version, follow these steps.
1. In Basic Menu display (N,S,E,W), press down the iDrive Controller for 6 seconds.
Hint: The help text flashes briefly when it is ready.
2. Turn Controller 3 increments clockwise. (Increment means click)
3. Turn Controller 3 increments counter clockwise.
4. Turn Controller 1 increment clockwise.
5. Turn Controller 1 increment counter clockwise.
6. Turn Controller 1 increment clockwise.
7. Press Controller to confirm.
8. Enter "MOST Devices" menu.
9. You will see a sub-menu (Item number, Hardware number, Coding index, Diagnosis index, Variant index, Date of manufacture, Name of manufacture, Message- catalog version, the finally SOFTWARE VERSION).................
As of today, this is what my iDrive unit reported;
ASK: 7.6.6 hex
KOMBI: 6.11.16 hex
FOND MMI: 6.87.0 hex
MMI: 6.87.0 hex
CD CHANGER: 6.4.4 hex
AMFM TUNER: 6.9.4 hex
AMPLIFIER: 8.6.0 hex
SPEECH REC: 7.9.0 hex
TV TUNER: 6.9.26 hex
MM CHANGER: 6.4.0 hex
Keep in mind that I have the rear entertainment option and some of the items on above list might not be available.
Also, i'm not sure if I have the most current software version but if you all take time to check out yours and post 'em here we can compare.
Hope this helps.
What is the latest firmware that we should have?
and if I have 2006, I dont think I can update it to 2012 firmware... right???