View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535i GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt=hi&bye View Post
I too am interested in coding my mirrors to fold when the car is locked from either the FOB or the door handle. I read through some of the previous forums and can't find out how to do it. I have a 550i. Some forum members mentioned contacting DVDinmotion... did that and they confirmed that they don't have software for this upgrade yet.
So I am confused....
Anyone out there with a F07 with coded mirrors???????????????? How did you do it? (e.g. Step 1, Step 2, Step 3).
Sorry to be so rudimentary, but I really want to get it straight. Can it be done or are people being prophetic?
Yes it can and has been done on GTs.

First Step - Make friends with Shawn!

Actually the first step is to get the software and cable or find someone local who has them.

Once you get the gear, it is pretty straight forward. Just look through the pdf files stickied in the coding section.

If you don't have the software and cable and there isn't someone near you who does you are pretty much out of luck. I don't think anyone has had success getting a dealer to do it.

I also don't think DVDinmotion folks are expanding thier business beyond videos and the nag screen.

FWIW
DLM