View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 10:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 325Ci
Amen to that! I would order one today if they had a manual option. My letter:

-----

Hello,

I am writing to implore BMW to release a manual transmission version of the X1 in the US. I am a young professional and have currently moved to Seattle, WA. The Northwest is full of Subarus as they are the dominant choice for those who want a compact, fuel efficient, AWD SUV. When I saw the X1 was coming to the US, I got instantly excited, until I realized there was no option for manual transmission. I am a long time BMW fan, and currently drive a 2002 325ci. I have just recently moved after being offered a job, and am planning on buying my first new car. If the X1 was offered with a manual transmission, I would order one today. The driving experience of a manual transmission is something I value very highly. BMW, in my opinion, makes the best manual gearboxes of any automobile manufacturer worldwide. To deny an eager American market of a manual X1 seems a shame. Lacking this option has me leaning toward Subaru and Volkswagon for my new purchase.

I realize that there are many factors involved in the decision of which versions of cars get released to which markets. I only hope that this message, combined with that of other like-minded individuals, will bring about change. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,