Thread: 2013 X6 M or 50
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 01:01 PM

Mein Auto: 650i xdrive convertible
I ordered the X6M. Struggled over Carbon Black and Black Sapphire. After enough polling of friends and every salesman, as well as randomly calling other dealers went with Carbon Black. I put every option on the car, except full leather, active seats, and ventilated seats. Still struggling with it, but I have never been a fan of ventilated seats (I spill stuff and am always nervous about coke or coffee getting in the holes). As for the active seats, there seems to be a debate as to whether they are annoying or functional. Full leather is a little more maintenance in a super dry climate. Plus, the dealer told me from a resale standpoint you don't get anything back on those options. If time is your biggest concern, you should order from a dealer in Houston, or one by a port. Delivery wise, I've heard it can take an extra 3 weeks to get cars to Denver. Not sure on the X6, since it is made in SC, but I've heard there is a huge difference for stuff coming out of Germany. Honestly, the prices are also more competitive down there. Buying an SUV or all wheel drive car in a town where everyone wants one will always take longer. I saved $7000 when I bought my Range Rover out of New York. Here they were selling over sticker the demand was so high. In New York they were giving them away.