View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i, 330ci, R1200C
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROClark View Post
I don't know though... Now that I saw QaFred's '99 R1200 that makes me re-think a Beemer over and HD... That's a damn good looking machine.
Check out E-bay. Two weeks ago there was one R1200C listed with 492 miles on it. A 2004. This style/model ran from 98 to 2004 and is the only Cruiser BMW has ever made. I have never had it in the shop. I adjust the valves once every two years, change plugs etc. I even change the tires myself. They sold for about 17K new. I got this one in 2003 for $8500 and they still go for about that much with low miles. I see a lot of them with low miles. I bought this one on E-bay- drove south to Ft. Lauderdale, loaded it in the pick-up, gave it a good tune and not much more.
It had 10,500 miles on it and now has just turned 60K. no problems at all. There is a chromehead forum you can check out.
http://www.chromeheads.org/cgi-bin/d....cgi?pg=topics

Like you said, for me too, it is Hattiesburg Miss, or Tallahassee FL, to find an "authoized sevice center" both about 150 miles drive for me...so I bought the manual and do it all myself. Not much to maintain one of these. Biggest gripe was bad chrome job on a lot of the wire wheels...don't know how I missed on that defect but my wheels held up.
Just got back from a ten day 3400 mile run from Tulsa Ok west to Grand Canyon, north thru Utah, west to Colorado back into Kansas and down to Tulsa. Great fun! Very few miles on the Interstate. Most other Cruiser's cannot keep up with one of these in the twisties. Photo of it all packed up- T-bag, cooler and open road.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_...506.m270.l1312
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000342.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	331136  

Last edited by QAfred; 06-29-2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: add link