View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to jettie1767 Send a message via Yahoo to jettie1767 Send a message via Skype™ to jettie1767
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive McGee View Post
Thanks Jettie,

My wife's SUV is always available in a pinch - so I'd be covered if needed. But it's a big let down driving that thing. My previous 5-series saw 3 days of snow this season, and about 100 days of sand, salt and related debris - which I see as just as important. That car was severely hampered by the summer performance tires (duh) - something I won't repeat for this coming season. I've used Blizzak's on a RWD car before and was very impressed. But I wonder, if I am putting winter tires on my M6 for 6 months at a time, with the resulting reduced driving dynamics, is there a point in getting an M over the vanilla xDrive?
I'm never put winter tires on my rwd cars. With that said, I also don't use them when it's snowy or icy outside. Even in the winter time, it's only a handful of days that I really can't use a rwd car. Where are you located? It would be hard to imagine that you're snowbound all winter long where you are.

'14 BMW M6 Gran Coupe Tanzanite Blue
'14 Porsche Boxster Carrera White
'13 BMW X3 Space Gray