View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 08:01 PM

Mein Auto: 97 BMW 740iL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebee View Post
These from the E39 bestlinks might help you on the E38 ...

BMW_TIS_11.09.20_3_SI_E38_E39_New_Evaporative_Char coal_Canister_Purge_Line.pdf

- Cleaning and/or replacing the fuel sensor (1) & does spilled gasoline go into the charcoal canister (1) & how to replace the LDP leak detection pump charcoal canister (1) (2) & a decent Techron thread for cleaning the fuel gauge sending unit.
So,
I thought fuel injector cleaner Joyism suggested and a restart had fixed my fueling problem until I went to fuel again and the my fuel tank wouldnt even take a gallon of fuel. As I'm checking the engine diagram to verify what's actually under my hood and getting to know my car a little better since i have little experience fixing cars... if I'm looking if i at this right it looks as if someone removed my charcoal canister from were it should be according to diagram (behind drivers head light) and did not replaced it. Instead they bypassed the charcoal canister which if I'm understanding correctly is a crucial part of my vehicles fueling system and uses this part for the fuels ventilation and also cools fuel before it is used in my engine.... Please tell me if I'm headed in the right direction here. I'm getting ready to replace my brake linings, rotors, pads and brake sensors but before i do that i want to remove drivers side rear wheel liner to take a look at the rest of my fuel system and replace what's necessary.
Also how do I figure out if my 740iL is an M60/2 or M62?????

Please advise