07-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Join Date: Mar 2005
Mein Auto: Dodge 2500 Diesel
From an owner
Sorry for my late reply.
I own a heavily modified 2006 K1200S and a 2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200.
The K1200S has K&N air filters, Power Commander 3 and a full Akrapovik exhaust.
- Both bikes accelerate incredibly. Great fun!
- They're both ride-every-day capable.
- They both have active suspension adjust, ABS, etc.
- While the MTS1200 will pull up to 130MPH, the K1200S goes far beyond that.
- The K1200S is a faster bike across the board.
- I find lubricating the chain on the MTS1200 a bore. The K1200S is shaft drive; no chain!
- The MTS1200 'feels' lighter than the K1200S.
I love both bikes for different reasons. The K1200S is pure adrenaline, while the MTS1200 is loads of fun, but in a more sedate capability.
I may trade the K1200S off for a K1300S HP, or, whatever may follow the K1300S HP (K1400S?). That or a Panagale 1199.