View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 06:29 AM
BMW Platinum VisaŽ Member

Mein Auto: BMW M428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
No... one of the things that I tried in the short time driving in the Team USA event was split screen in the Nav to see if they did something different in the F30 vs the E90. Overall, it is the same fundamental GUI as in the E90 with the exception of a few new screens (Eco mode). There is a coding option in the E90 iDrive to switch the Arrow screen to full screen upon an intersection, though.

I think that the real changes in the GUI and interactions/animations are coming for the new iDrive just announced.
This F30 will be my first car with iDrive so I have no point of reference for how it used to work or how it works currently.

So in split-screen mode (say, Nav on the left, iPod on the right) when you get to an intersection the lane assist overtakes the 50% of the screen that otherwise would have the map view? If so, that's a win I guess.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | DHP | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Park Assist | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House