View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
BMW F20 M135i First Driving Review

First driving review of the BMW M Performance Auto M135i

AutoCar gets their hands on the newly minted BMW Performance Automobile M135i and gives us a first driving impression. There is ample comparison to the standard F20 135i and the E82 1 M Coupe as you'd expect. BMW's new M Performance Automobiles are a halfway point between a standard production BMW and a full out M car creating a fine balance of increased performance without going all out.

Richard Bremner, the test driver from AutoCar, enjoyed the compromise in the BMW M135i ride and handling opting for comfort mode most of the time over the stiffer sport settings. Overall the car is easier to live with on a day to day basis then the firm to the point of harsh ride of the 1 M Coupe.

Quote:
The result is a an excitingly rapid drive that sits just the right side of hectic, the excitement of the six's keen blare built on by the 'box's light thumps in sport, the ra-ta-tat of the exhaust's over-run, the lightly clasping support of the seats and an excellent driving position. While some may desire the more uncompromising character of the 1M Coupé, the fact is that this M135i's ride is less maskingly firm, its steering more delicate and its character easier to live with. And it's also a whole lot cheaper, being almost £10k less.
Read the complete driving review at AutoCar.co.uk

Unfortunately BMW M wasn't able to do anything about the bug eyed look of the F20 1 series, but there is hope that the soon to be released coupe and convertible will improve on the looks. Looks aside it seems like BMW has a hit on it's hands with the M135i. If BMW would bring it state side would you buy one?
Advertisement