View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 11:23 PM

Mein Auto: K1600GT
@thumper: you are correct on the dropping part. I dropped my K1600GT the other day in the middle of an incredible ride north of Stinson beach near San Francisco - sunny, cool day on twisty oceanfront Highway 1.

Pulled into a gas station, pulled a super slow u-turn to get to the opposite side of the pump, wasn't dragging the rear and sure enough tipped it low. Held it for a few seconds on my left leg - but it's 750 pounds (tank was empty) and my leg gave out. Ended up dumping it from about a 45deg angle. I was so angry and embarrassed that I somehow managed to pick the damn thing up by myself. I was lucky not to give myself a hernia or worse.

Damage not too bad, the wife didn't even notice it until I pointed it out, but it looks like a nasty scar to me.

I'm an experienced rider, but any SLIGHT mistake where you're more than 15 degrees tilted at less than 5mph and there is no way you will stop that beast from going over. Body lean ain't going to counter it.

But while she's moving, my oh my. So far it's all stupid grins from ear to ear when in in the twisties.