View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 03:06 AM

Mein Auto: 745Li
Coolant Pipe Repair

Hey guys got a couple of questions on the coolant pipe repair. I have a puddle of constant flowing green antifreeze coming from the weep hole(class III Leak) and I looked all over the engine for any other areas of leakage. I know it's the coolant pipe because it just started when the weather got hot as hell here in Dallas to just start to drip out a little. It's over 100 degree + days, and the engine taking on all that extra heat probably just disintegrated that cheap seal in the front on the pipe.

Gonna get my kit from bmwpipe.com, waiting on the mail, and wanted to know when I remove the intake manifold is there a gasket under there that needs to be replaced when you go to put it back together to not cause any air leaks? And is there a torque specification when tightening up those 10 nuts?

I use to be a mechanic in the military so I know I can do it in a couple of days because I won't be in a rush. That's all I can think of for now and know I will probably have more along the way but hopefully not too many because Wilson did a hell of job documenting his journey to the dark side, lol.