View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 12:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 M5 Space Gray
Happy Owner

Well put Rajib. Ever since the E60 M5 came out in '05, it's been my dream car. I've owned 2 X5's, one of them a 4.4 and the other an '09 diesel, and an older 328. I've loved them all. But I always had a longing for the V10 M5. I finally bought one a few months ago. A cherry '07 with the SMG and 36,000 miles. I bought it from a dealership in Mobile, Alabama where the GM was extremely knowledgeable and experienced with M cars. I simply love it. I didn't by it for gas mileage but I still average around 16 MPG and I put my foot in it a lot. I've worked on my other BMW's and plan to do the same on this one for things such as oil changes, filter changes, brake changes, etc. I'm currently planning to have the SMG ECU re-flashed to euro specs after several testimonials on the M5Board.com. Besides the Launch Control Issue, apparently the euro program shifts smoother than the North American version. In closing, the key to maximum enjoyment is maximum education. Read the owners manual thoroughly and several times. Read and join the several online forums. It is a car like no other.