View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_clueless View Post

Next time I'm in SF, I will try this just so I can drive one. I wish they had
this program for all of their cars. In fact, I wish all luxury manufacturers offered
something like this. For a couple of hundred I could test drive the car for several
hours to make sure it's what I want (especially in terms of long range comfort
which I can't do on a regular test drive).

Right there with you on both counts, I'm thinking about visiting SF just to try this out!

It's always disappointed me BMW doesn't start by making better use of service loaners. A Merc owner was just telling me about how every time he was in for service they made sure to give him something at least one level above what he brought in, and a salesman always chatted with him about it when he brought it back. OK, that's a bit annoying--and the fact that this was always during yet another unscheduled service visit for my friend put him off... BUT with the free maintenance and great warranty BMW drivers tend to be in better, more receptive moods. Yet every single loaner I ever got from my dealership was a stripped 3, the lowest of the low.

The tour/drive events BMW recently had for the new 3 were nice, but too limiting in terms of a short set route/time in car.