View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 09:40 AM

Mein Auto: X5 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerLogan View Post
Rajib, affirmative on the E60 styling. I love the lines and it looks like it's flying when standing still. Although I am a devout fan of Bavarian engineering, I can't help but feel a little "sold out" when they went to a turbo charged V8. But heck, I'd like to see what the dual clutch SMG feels like.
Thanks for the back and forth guys. I feel the same way about the new car, but understand the move to the turbo V8 for mpg reasons, since everyone else as as well.

I have driven 4 different '07 and '08 M5's and love them all. My main issue has been finding one with good maintenance records and less than 60k miles in my area. I don't want to go to an '06 because of the issues with that year. I am zero'd in on a black/black '08 with 54k miles and I can get it for $39,500 + $2999 for a 3yr/36k extended warranty that covers everything thru Penske. What do you guys think?

The second option is a Dark Gray/Black '08 with 49k miles for $43,500, which comes with a 6 month 8k mile powertrain warranty, but the dealer wouldn't let me drive it unless we finalize the deal.