View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 325i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by merkme03 View Post
What I'm looking to do is maybe in the near future is get the m-
Tech bumper and I think ill also get clear turn signals and side markers. And my car was running really laggy when I had the OEM intake and I haven't had any problems yet with the k&n intake. But I still have the old intake if I do experience any problems
You're call on the K & N but it's pretty well documented and dyno'd that those after-market filters add nothing to the power and a MAF is an expensive thing to replace.

Just looking a tthat intake... the OE draws air from outside the vehicle (cooler) while that K & N is drawing hot air from the engine compartment. Cooler air is more dense, has more O2 and burns better.

You may or may not get more air through your current system but it's hot air.

"It is little use listening to other people as they will either be agreeing with you or saying stupid stuff" - Dogbert

I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world sh!ts on everybody. Pretending it ain't sh!t makes you an idiot, not an optimist.

2004 325i - Sport package - 5MT- clears - CDV mod - M3 gauge faces w/silver gauge rings & red needles - SS exhaust tips - strut tower brace - Hotchkis anti-sway bars -50% tint - shadow grills - roof spoiler - silver CF trim