View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e46 ZHP, e90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
btw - I forgot to mention, STUPID TO THE HIGH HEAVENS THROWING AWAY FORTY YEARS OF HARD WON BRAND IDENTITY BY CALLING THIS CAR A 4 SERIES. People are still pissed they dropped the "ci" designation for the coupes. Someone at BMW corporate, please pull your head out your butt and learn something. Keep the irreplaceable 3 Series name and bring back the "ci" designation for the coupes (and "cic" for the 'verts).

BMW recently recognized as the MOST VALUABLE BRAND IN THE WORLD and they are too stupid to recognize a huge part of that is the 3 Series, including the coupe, and the ///M3, which virtually every person on the planet associates with a coupe or convertible.

This 4 Series crap is a bigger corporate identity blunder than New Coke!!! The entire 3 Series history is built on the two door 3er. Without which there would be no 3 Series sedan at all!!! This "4 Series" is NOTHING SHORT OF BMW BLASPHEMY. It is shameful to the brand.

I guess I ought to email this rant to BMW.
Guess, if they had designated the '4 Series' to the Sedan, you would be cool with that?

I guess they wanted to keep sedans 'odd', {3,5,7} while making things even with coupes! But the 1-series screws things up - does it mean we have a '2-series' in the works and will it be a coupe, convertible or hatchback?