View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 07:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ??
Hi there, i am kindda in the same boat, i just got an 09 with 41k miles..my man warranty expires next march/april...i dont plan on driving it much neither (less than 10k a year as a weekend car) and I take good care of my cars

I am planning to get ext warranty FOR SURE (with the crap load of electronics stuff in the M6....you be a fool not to get it)

yes i know there is the other arguement the ins gotta make $$ and the chances of stuff going wrong etc etc. but for the last 3 cars i've had.... (an 01' Audi TTQC an 04' X3 and a 06 M roadster) only the 06 M roadster didnt make up the cost for getting it as a CPOed car (ext warranty) but the other two cars that was bought as CPO was def worth the extra I've paid for it.....

So as far as my luck goes....i am sticking with getting a warranty...I've looked into BMW's ext warranty and that'll run about 6.5k for 2 years...WHEW!!!!! that's a lotta $$ for 2 years......

So right now I found a co. call Safeguard (sold by a BMW dealer here in So Cal which I've done business with in the past) for another 4/50k is about 4.3k (with 100 ded) I think that's what I am going to go with......

I am not sure how they are but from what I've heard Safeguard seems to be pretty good with it, they do direct billing with all BMW dealerships so you dont have to deal with reamb. etc

let me know if you found any more info on it and we can compare notes