View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 08:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 4 diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboEddie View Post
TDIwyse,

I am actually doing what you are talking about now and am installing my water meth kit starting this weekend. What I did is used an AEM FIC to intercept the TPS, Rail pressure, Boost and MAF sensors, I have RPM as well. I can control the water meth pump and nozzle solenoid using RPM and boost pressure. I understand your concerns with too much torque in the lower rpms. Itís also my goal to limit the torque down low but get as much power/torque as I can in the upper RPM. Using the AEM, I have been able to fine tune the fuel pressure to push the power as much as I can for all RPM and loads while not getting knocks or any codes. FYI, max rail pressure you can push is 1800bar or 4.5v from the rail sensor. Anything over that and the rail bypass valve returns it to the tank. Great work!!!

-Ed
Thanks.

And I really like your approach with the AEM FIC and enjoyed your thread. Also appreciate you sharing results with the community. Please keep sharing!

The OBD pin 9 tach output to voltage circuit is made and verified its performance (Voltage out to RPM). Hoping to interface with the JBD this afternoon. It will linearly increase the JBD from 0 to 70% from 2500 rpm to 4100 rpm. Depending upon measured data the top end can be increased further.

2004 Ram Cummins with lots-o-mods