View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 Dinan Stage 2 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmguy View Post
I did the Dinan stage 2 a few weeks back, and late last week I also had the drivetrain malfunction, but it also came with a stabilization system error, error for tire monitoring and the 4x4 something error amoung others... The dealer managed to capture codes from the car for a service call in a few weeks...

I restarted the car, and it went away for about 10 min and returned... Left the car for about 2 hours and the error didn't return until driving it for a few hours, then returned....

One last ignition cycle cleared it and it has not returned, but the car is still going in for a check...

I was shocked this happened. It seems that that first trigger was fast acceleration in a corner and I taped on the brakes.. After the first trigger was even light acceleration set it off...

I was hoping this was isolated as I had the "global" software update done a week before the Dinan, and then they had to reprogram another modal as the mirror and seat was not returning to any settings.. After last flash my errors started...

I had no idea what started it, but that's the order of event so far

Tk
Mine did not happen under any sort of high acceleration performance driving condition. It happened when I was cruising on the highway at about 55 to 60 miles an hour
2012 Dinan Stage 2 550i xDrive M Sport, Imperial Blue Metallic, Cinnamon Brown Leather and Light Wood Trim. Major options are M Sport package, cold weather package, sport automatic transmission, active roll stabilization, premium sound, and side and top view cameras.

Dearly departed BMWs: 2009 550i M Sport in Carbon Black Metallic and 2003 540i M Sport in Titanium Silver