View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 05:04 AM
Ukemi - that's how I roll
Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Originally Posted by NordicBMW View Post
I usually just park the cars end-to-end and my simple method is like this:

- I use a high pressure washer where I can add foaming soap in a separate tank. I spray, foam and spray once more in one operation. This removes a lot of dirt. The wheels are cleaned with an old wash-up brush, sometimes I use a special spray here if they are very dirty but usually this is not required.

- I also use the two bucket method, actually four buckets when I do both cars at the same time. Microfibre mitt for applying some good quality shampoo. This goes very fast because of the prep in step 1.

- After spraying once more with clean water I use a special silicone blade to remove the water (there are many pros and cons to using this but I have stuck with it - just make sure there is no dirt on the blade) and finally a microfibre cloth to soak up what little water is left.

This is actually done in just about 30 mins as long as I do it regularly. Add the time for hooking up the high pressure washer and of course everything takes longer time if the cars are very dirty.

I have sapphire metallic black and do the same with the exception of using a synthetic shammy clothe for drying. I always clean them prior to drying or after drying to make sure I am not rubbing in tiny abrasive particles. I don't like real shammy clothes as they tend to leave little tan fibers here and there.

Never bothered me doing this as washing a car for me is very cathartic and always rewarding to see a job well done.

If I were sticking to BMW's this color would be my first pick as it changes color dependng on light of day and angle.
2013 S4 Loaded (and NO RFT's) Awesome is an understatement
2008 MT X3 RIP you were a faithful sidekick and will be missed.
2007 AT X3 RIPOS
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more