View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW E65 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFX View Post
In this video I demonstrate how I have now powered the Passive Go (Comfort Access) module and I show that it is now present on the CAN-Bus in my car. I also show it being read and recognised by the system

Hey Ace,

Great work so far! glad to see this retrofit progressing so well, I have a few questions though...

How are you intending to pair the new CAS to the DME? does the CAS not function like the EWS module in older series cars whereby they have a rolling code set? I know the CAS has been replaced in my car about 18-24 months after its original manufacture by the dealer, is the BMW Dash or Bavarian tool able to pair the two modules?

One last thing, I dont mean to 'nitpick' and please dont take this the wrong way!....

In your video, you select the passive go system from the tree on the left, but the module part number returned in the diagnostic pane on the right is for the PDC and not the passive go module? it looks like the passive go option is just reading the information for the PDC?

What was the purpose of buying the bavarian technic tool? is it required for this retrofit?

The information you have provided so far has been very thorough and detailed, keep up the good work!

Stuart