View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW E65 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFX View Post
Hey stuartjohn24, I have the ability to pair the CAS with the DME. I know all about the rolling code set and I have reset it and changed it many times before, so I have that covered.

I didn't notice that with the part number, which is odd .......It says it is reading the Passive Go, but the part number is wrong, so I all check that now this morning.

I use Bavarian Technic along with my other diagnostic tools to perform various functions. Bavarian Technic gives me Real Time Analysis where as my Dashsoft is only a coding tool
Hi Ace,

Ok thats great, what tool are you using for that? I had a feeling the DME rolling code set cannot be changed and only re-aligned once originally programmed at the factory (we have heared this before! you and others have proved otherwise! VIN on the TCU for example )

I went through this saga a few years ago when I done an engine conversion in my E46, ended up having to buy a new KEY, EWS and DME from a breakers, and align the two with carsoft!

Yeah the info read back is definitely for the PDC, software could be a bit flakey!

Do you know how the BT tool 'detects' modules? does it list all possible modules in the left pane? or does it read the vehicle order from the CAS to determine what modules are/should be fitted?

I see, fair enough.

Stuart

Last edited by stuartjohn24; 07-17-2012 at 03:50 PM.