View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidg View Post
@ard ... appreciate the response. Fortunately, the vehicle was not a total loss or sold for salvage (else I would not have considered it). I'm not aware if CA lemon laws are more strict than in IL, but the information disclosed to me at the time of purchase had to deal with a "high battery drain message" that the original owner reported. The dealer bought-back the vehicle, and "replaced the footwell module and re-programmed the control units with CAS" (which I assume to be a relatively straight-forward repair).

That said, my local (IL) dealer appears to be giving me the run-around. They mentioned that they could submit an extended warranty request to BMW, but that they anticipate it will be denied. Since I've had issues dealing with them in the past, I've reached out to other dealers to receive a quote (I'm under the impression that I cannot go to BMW directly).
IMO the new car warranty WILL cover your car, AND the BMW backed extended warranty as well.

But lets examine why the dealer is giving you a run around....first, are they offering a "better" warranty that they can sell you?

I would be $100 they are.

Guess what? They make $300 on the BMW warranty, and they make $1500 on the third party warranty.

So guess what they will say is better?

CALL ONE OF THE SPONSORS 9or email or pm them).... buy from them.

Last edited by ard; 07-17-2012 at 06:14 PM. Reason: why does "BUY" get "***" from the censor filter?!?