View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 325i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursang View Post
I just called BMW Canada Customer Service........and after giving them the full VIN of my 2004 325i, was told my car did not fall within the manufacturing date range of the affected product.
I asked "What IS the date range of the affected cars?"
She didn't know........and that was the way she ended the conversation.

I'm assuming MY car and any of the "American" cars (discussed and pictured, above) were all manufactured in the same factory...and I was also of the impression that ALL 2004 325i's supplied to North America were affected.

Am I wrong on both counts? Any follow-up, especially from anyone with a TSB number or experience with performing this fix in Canada, greatly appreciated!

Michael
I'm in Canada (BC) and have a 2004 325i. Never rec'd a recall notice but when I asked to set up an appointment at the dealer's (suspension inspection) I was told there was a recall on my car for the taillights and they would do that while the car was in.

I aleady did the DIY repair but figured they may as well go in there and replace the parts. It's free and the car will be in there anyways.

Whoever you spoke to is blowing smoke!!

"It is little use listening to other people as they will either be agreeing with you or saying stupid stuff" - Dogbert

I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world sh!ts on everybody. Pretending it ain't sh!t makes you an idiot, not an optimist.

2004 325i - Sport package - 5MT- clears - CDV mod - M3 gauge faces w/silver gauge rings & red needles - SS exhaust tips - strut tower brace - Hotchkis anti-sway bars -50% tint - shadow grills - roof spoiler - silver CF trim