View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 06:57 PM

Mein Auto: 525i, working on a 318is
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ethrty-Andy_ View Post
It IS the life i live too, in fact i do it as a part time bit on the side job, more as a hobby than to make money though. If you werent new the the forum youd know that i buy do up and sell euro cars, mostly BMWs and of those, mostly E30s. FCSteve does the exact same thing in PA. From this experience ive learnt whats worth fixing up, whats good for parts, and whats good for the crusher. im sure steve will agree with me one this. Looking at the state of it, that will be off the road for 6 months at least while you fix it up.

but youll ignore me and others advice, do it anyway, and learn why we said not to in 6 months time when your $4k into it and it still isnt respectable
Not building it back up to drive daily or sunday curises on the road again if that's what you are thinking I'm gonna be doing to it. As far as "respectable" goes, don't give 2 rats what anyone else thinks about it's looks. The goal here is what kind of monster can I make with it. I want a VTEC killer. Not a daily driver or something to take out on a Sunday cruise. I got a 525i for that.

As far as spare money, it comes and goes. All the time. I have a car sitting here, and not being driven or having anything done to it. Might as well do something with it.