View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 12:57 AM

Mein Auto: '07 black X3
Teleskier, it is clear to my eyes, side by side, that the X1 looks heftier than the A3. I think an 80 year old with poor eyes could tell you the X1, in physical appearance, is the bigger car.
I drove the X1 for over 13 freeway hours this weekend. I love the way it drives. Solid, quick, just like I'd expect from a BMW. I wasn't with a full load so it's difficult for me to comment on stowage capacity, but it's an ideal size IMO, if you want to be able to move some suitcases, ski bags, mulch bags, or flats of flowers it will serve your purpose. If you are moving trees or very large boxes then it isn't what you are looking for (then again neither is the A3 or 3er wagon).

In very heavy traffic I averaged 33mph with the diesel. When the freeway opened up I was doing 100-110mph, consistently, and topped out at 140mph. The car maintained sure footing throughout (not that you'd ever reach that mph in the states). The X1 will definitely be on my short list next year. I just wish the U.S. was getting the diesel.

Note: unfortunately, in my photos, the A3 and 3er wagon were both black.

Last edited by georgek; 07-23-2012 at 01:00 AM.