View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 11:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
boostedX5SAV can I ask your age? As one who bought his first motorcycle at 45, I think being older and more mature are important when it comes to this purchase. Many youth do not have the judgement or skill to ride a motorcycle safely. They are definitely not as safe as a car and for numerous reasons. 1) They are much faster than most any car on the road and accelerate much quicker, 2) road conditions dictate safety, 3) Most important you need to be aware of the situation around you. The main safety hazard for a cautious rider is other drivers not seeing you.

I would think that the NYC area would be a difficult place for a new rider. Dense traffic, aggressive drivers and terrible roads are a bad combination for a new rider.

All of those caveats aside, a motorcycle is incredibly fun to ride. If you can get away from the bustle of the city and out to some Long Island country roads, you'll have a great time. Also, they generally get great fuel economy. Start with a small bike and as said above, used is a good idea.