View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X5;2002 BMW 745i
For everyone interested in Active Cruise here is the official BMW retrofit PDF: http://www.gavandkel.co.uk/PDFs/6138EN.pdf

Now, once you have the sensor itself and the cruise control stalk, getting the rest is pretty easy except for a couple of things. The wiring harness for the front bumper is a little more expensive than I'd like and the other harness called "NACHRUESTKABELSATZ ACC" or "Retrofit Wiring Kit ACC" is nowhere to be found for sale in the US at least! Part number is: 61120152469. I called my local dealer, they said they couldn't find it, I pushed them a little bit more and they checked the BMW catalog and found some info that it exists but no availability info and that the part was not "mastered". They're going to investigate further and call me back. I think I might be able to make my own harness following the PDF diagrams. Dan_E65 any luck? Maybe we can collaborate on this if you can PM me. I think the end connectors are available from the dealer. The last option is to order it from Germany but the minimum ordering requirement would mean buying two and also adding on VAT tax, (slow!) shipping to the USA and the store only accepts wire transfer ($45 fee from my bank!)

All this for a bunch of wires that are supposed to be $24!
I think there is some kind of bmw parts hotline that you/the dealer parts people can call and request help. Apparently, they were very helpful, and almost immediately mastered the part number and made it available to order from Germany... anyone know anything about this?