View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 11:10 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i Sport (via ED)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZSLA View Post
There's very little upside to be gotten from driving in Milan. Did about 2k on our trip to Italy but cabbed it in Milan.

La Centola is definitely worth a trip but book early. Slots fill well in advance.

I definitely second both of your comments. My plan was to park in a structure along the eastern side of the city close to public transit, but due to the major earthquake the day before (I was actually in Ferrara for that) resulted in a lot of delays and schedule changes, so I had to scrap that plan at the last minute. I had tried to avoid all Italian cities, and cities in general on my ED trip. Tried to hit the more remote, out-of-the-way places.

My recommendation for anyone going to Milan is to do the parking structure/public transport thing, but if you cannot, then just drive around the ring road and park there and walk the kilometer or so to get to "The Last Supper."
2012 328i Sport line (European Delivery), Imperial Blue Metallic + Everest Grey/Black/Aluminum interior; Premium Pkg, Tech Pkg, Premium Sound Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Parking Pkg w/ Parking Asst., Xenon headlights, BMW Asst & Apps, Variable Steering, M-Suspension, Sport Transmission